A bone scan is a nuclear imaging technique that helps in assessing bone health and other bone-related medical conditions such as bone infections, bone cancer, arthritis, etc.
The renal cortical scan is administered for detecting and diagnosing kidney problems like urinary tract infections or kidney malformation.
An HYNIC TOC scan is done to detect and diagnose the progress of neuroendocrine tumors (NETs) most commonly located in the intestine, pancreas, or lungs.
We offer you high-quality lab options, and an excellent discount of 40%, for your Bone Scan, Renal Cortical Scan, and HYNIC TOC Scan Tests in Mumbai.
Bone Scan, Renal Cortical Scan, and HYNIC TOC Scans in Mumbai by MFine
Generally, the market price for the Bone Scan, Renal Cortical Scan, and HYNIC TOC Scan is above ₹8000 but with us, you can get it for ₹4500 only.
Avail of this exclusive offer by calling us on
Or you can click on the button below for us to call you back.
Additionally, you will get a free online doctor consultation after making a booking.
|Bone Scan, Renal Cortical Scan, and HYNIC TOC Scan in Mumbai||Offer Price|
|Bone Scan Cost in Mumbai||₹5490|
|Renal Cortical Scan Cost in Mumbai||₹4500|
|HYNIC TOC Scan in Mumbai||₹24750|
Call us on 08061970525 to know the lab options near your place in Mumbai and make a booking at your convenient time.
|Why should I book my test through MFine?|
About Bone Scan, Renal Cortical Scan, and HYNIC TOC Scans
A bone scan is an advanced nuclear imaging technique that uses a very small amount of a radioactive drug called a radiopharmaceutical. It has also been referred to as a “dye”. A bone scan is generally prescribed to examine the bone metabolism – how quickly the bone heals and recovers from a breakdown or an injury like fractures.
Bone scans are very useful if you have the following conditions:
- Avascular necrosis (when bone tissue dies due to a lack of blood supply)
- Bone cancers or cancer that has spread to the bone from other parts of the body
- Fibrous dysplasia (a condition that causes abnormal scar-like tissue to grow in place of normal bone)
- Bone infections
- Paget’s disease of the bone (a disease that causes weak, deformed bones)
A bone scan has many advantages as it can easily detect a problem days to months earlier than a regular X-ray test.
During a bone scan, the tracer injected travels through your bloodstream and into your bones. Areas that absorb little or no amount of tracer appear as dark or “cold” spots – which indicates a lack of blood supply to the bone or certain types of cancer. If there are certain areas where fast absorption of the tracer is seen then it is shown as bright or “hot” spots in the reports. Hot spots may indicate medical conditions such as arthritis, a tumor, a fracture, or an infection.
Renal Cortical Scan
Renal Cortical Scan is a nuclear diagnostic scan that is used for detecting and diagnosing kidney problems like urinary tract infections or kidney malformation. A renal cortical scan uses a radioactive material (tracer) to produce 2D and 3D images of organs and areas within the body.
During a renal cortical scan, a tracer is used by injecting in your vein. After a waiting period of 3 hours from the tracer injection, you will be taken inside the gamma scan room to lie on the bed which will be moved into the machine for the scan. Then the lab technician will monitor the process and examines blood flow to the kidneys and identifies potential narrowing of the renal arteries. The emission from the tracer is detected by the scanner and high-quality images are produced by the computer. Imaging generally takes around 25-30 minutes.
HYNIC TOC Scan
An HYNIC-TOC scan is a nuclear medicine scan done with the help of a gamma camera, that is prescribed to detect and diagnose the progress of neuroendocrine tumors (NET) most commonly located in the intestine, pancreas, or lungs. An HYNIC-TOC scan helps your doctor in choosing the best stage, and plan radiotherapy or see the response to treatment for your medical condition.
Are There Any Preparations Required Before The Tests?
For Bone Scan
- There is no special preparation required.
- After the injection is given to the patient, it is advised to stay well hydrated.
- It is advised to bring all the relevant previous reports and scan images along with you (fracture reports, etc) if any.
For Renal Cortical Scan
- Emptying your bladder before the scan is highly recommended.
- Sedation may have to be administered for the uncooperative patients for which fasting may be required.
- All relevant previous reports, CD, and scan images (CT abdomen/Pelvis reports, MCU, and UTI reports) should be brought to the lab.
- Other than this, no preparation is necessary if sedation is not required for the performance of the study.
For HYNI-TOC Scan
- Stop taking thyroid medicine 3 days in advance of the date of appointment.
- It is advisable to take all the previous reports and scan images (CT/MRI report of the affected area).
Other than this there are no special preparations required, however, if you are pregnant or expected to get pregnant, then it is advisable to consult with your doctor if you are pregnant.
Make sure to wear comfortable clothing and avoid wearing metallic items such as watches, chains, pocket knives, etc before the scan procedure.
|For further assistance call us on ☏08061970525|